Micro greens are small versions of various herbs and plants picked just after the first leaves have sprouted. These delicious greens come in a variety of flavors and colors which are great to mix together to treat your taste buds.
Here are some quick and easy ways to prep and enjoy these greens!
- Dress micro greens in a simple vinaigrette made from extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar (for an extra health kick, get the ACV with ‘mother’), fresh squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic and cracked black pepper. Serve as a side dish or a bad for a serving of salmon, beans or another lean protein.
- Toss micro greens with pesto and use as a topping for an open faced sandwich. Anything from the traditional basil type to roasted red pepper or sun-dried tomato varieties will work.
- Add micro greens to an organic omelet or tofu scramble with other veggies like mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers. The options are endless!
- Use raw micro greens as a garnish on a heart bean or lentil soup, pizza, or in the place of lettuce in tacos.
- For a simple chilled entrée, combine micro greens with vinaigrette, a small scoop of cooled whole grains (you can try quinoa or wild rice), and a lean protein of your choice.
Let us know your favorite ways to prepare micro greens!